Minor Turbulence is a main story mission in Grand Theft Auto V, involving protagonist Trevor Philips .
It's the 42° GTA V mission in chronological order, and it takes place in Blaine County.
Trevor flies to intercept a cargo plane.
Gold Medal Objectives (100%)
The following are the Mission Objectives required to obtain the Gold Medal in the mission "Minor Turbulence":
- Accuracy: Finished with a shooting accuracy of at least 80%.
- Four Wheel Flier: Exit the cargo plane in the Mesa.
- Remember to exit the Mesa and parachute to safety after jumping out of the plane. The car will explode upon landing.
Note: You can complete each Gold Medal requirement in multiple playthroughs of the mission. You don't need to obtain them all in one single playthrough.
Minor Turbulence - Mission Details:
Franklin heads to Michael's house, looking for him. When he notices the house is empty, he gives Michael a call. Michael answers and explains to Franklin that he and Trevor have to lay low for a while due to Trevor kidnapping Madrazo's wife Patricia.
After the call ends, Trevor introduces Ron to Michael and Patricia. Trevor asks Ron about how business is going for Trevor Philips Enterprises. It's not been going well but Ron thinks he's on to something to do with Merryweather. They have a big cache of weapons coming in via plane and Ron thinks Trevor might want to requisition it.
Trevor is delighted with the news. Michael wants in but Trevor tells him to stay behind as he's a wanted man and just takes Ron with him. Trevor and Ron head to the McKenzie Airfield. Trevor doesn't want to deal with Merryweather on the ground so he gets in a Duster to meet them in the air.
Trevor finds the cargo plane and follows it, staying close to the ground so he doesn't alert the plane as they're in restricted airspace. Trevor follows the plane through Paleto Bay and back into Sandy Shore. Once out of military airspace, Trevor starts gaining altitude so he can get closer to the plane.
As Trevor gets closer to the plane, the pilot orders Trevor to divert his course otherwise they'll be forced to shoot him down. Trevor ignores the planes warnings and keeps tailing. The pilot opens the back of the plane so Merryweather guards can shoot Trevor down but Trevor flies into the back of the plane, crashing his Duster and giving him an opening to get onboard.
Once onboard, Trevor deals with the Merryweather guards while making his way towards the cockpit. Once there, he takes out the pilot and takes control of the plane. Trevor attempts to land the plane at McKenzie Field but is intercepted by US Air Force fighter jets, who are aware that the plane has been hijacked. Trevor is told to change course to Fort Zancuado otherwise the jets will engage.
Trevor ignores the warnings, causing the jets to engage and destroy one of the engines. With the plane now going down, Trevor aborts the plane, jumping from the back and using a parachute to land safely. Trevor watches on as the plane crashes into the Alamo Sea. The mission ends once Trevor gets to ground.
Minor Turbulence: Mission Objectives
- Get in the plane.
- Fly to the cargo plane.
- Follow the cargo plane, staying close to the ground.
- Fly close to the rear of the cargo plane.
- Fly inside the cargo plane.
- Take out the guards.
- Take over the cargo plane's controls.
- Fly the cargo plane back to McKenzie Field.
- Jump from the plane.
- Parachute to safety.
Minor Turbulence: Mission Info
- Rewards Ability to play as Michael and Trevor again; Free Parachutes when entering any aircraft
- Unlocked Items Homing Launcher Railgun Risk Assessment The Civil Border Patrol
- Featuring Cargo Plane Mesa (Merryweather) Duster P-996 LAZER AP Pistol Trevor's Trailer Sandy Shores Airfield De Santa Residence (Michael's Mansion) Michael De Santa Franklin Clinton Ron Jakowski Patricia Madrazo Merryweather Security
Minor Turbulence: Videos
PS3 / Xbox 360: Gold Medal Video Walkthrough
PS4 / Xbox One (First Person): Gold Medal Video Walkthrough
Minor Turbulence: Screenshots