- Game Releases
- Release Date October 31, 2006Platforms PSP
- Release Date March 5, 2007Platforms PlayStation 2
- Release Date April 2, 2013Platforms PlayStation 3 - Upscaled PS2 Classic
- Publisher Rockstar Games
- Developer Rockstar NorthRockstar Leeds
- Universe / Era 3D Universe
Vice City, 1984. Opportunity abounds in a city emerging from the swamps, its growth fueled by the violent power struggle in a lucrative drug trade. Construction is everywhere as a shining metropolis rises from foundations of crime and betrayal.
As a soldier, Vic Vance has always protected his dysfunctional family, his country, and himself. One bad decision later and that job is about to get much harder. Kicked out onto the streets of a city torn between glamour and gluttony, Vic is faced with a stark choice — build an empire or be crushed.
- Play as new character Vic Vance in an original storyline set two years before GTA Vice City
- Embark on more than 70 missions on foot or in a choice of cars, bikes, aircraft, and watercraft
- New features include an empire-building mechanic, where you control territories, and a golf mini-game
Lance Vance's brother Vic Vance is the game's lead protagonist, and players will follow the ex-soldier in his bid for power and respect in 1984's corrupt, Miami-inspired metropolis.
The mission structure, controls, and perspective are similar to those introduced in 2005's Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, albeit with several notable enhancements. The draw distance has increased, allowing players to see more of their surroundings, the missions are more intricate, and the variety of vehicles has expanded.
Multiplayer options offer a mix of cooperative and competitive games playable over an Ad-hoc wireless connection.