It's the 15° GTA V mission in chronological order, and it takes place in Los Santos.
This mission is the Heist Finale for one of the possible approaches that can be chosen for this heist.
In need of money to pay Madrazo, Michael takes down a Rockford Hills Jewel Store with Franklin and a crew.
Gold Medal Objectives (100%)
The following are the Mission Objectives required to obtain the Gold Medal in the mission "The Jewel Store Job (Smart Approach)":
- Quick Grab: Steal the jewelry within 50 seconds.
- Using First Person view helps in moving faster.
- Using Rickie Lukens as the hacker will allow you to restart if you fail to collect the cash in 50 seconds.
- Protégé Protected: Protect Franklin during the LS River chase.
- Clean Sweep: Steal the jewelry from all 20 glass cabinets.
- Use Packie McReary or Gus Mota as the gunmen.
Note: You can complete each Gold Medal requirement in multiple playthroughs of the mission. You don't need to obtain them all in one single playthrough.
The Jewel Store Job (Smart Approach) - Mission Details:
The mission starts with the chosen crew all meeting at Darnell Bros, doing a final briefing before starting the heist. Michael and Franklin drive to Vangelico together in the car with the driver, gunman and hacker in the van with the getaway bikes.
Michael drops Franklin off round the back of the store, who makes his way up to the roof through building work going on at a nearby store. Once on the roof, Franklin throws the BZ gas into the air vent. A cutscene shows the gas leaking into Vangelico, with everyone in the store dropping to the floor.
Michael, the gunman and the driver ransack the store while Franklin goes to fetch the bikes. The hacker will delay the alarm but depending on which hacker is chosen depends on the time you get. Paige Harris gives you 90 seconds, Christian Feltz gives you 60 seconds and Rickie Lukens gives you 50 seconds. If a poor gunman is chosen, Norm Richards, they'll drop some of the take.
Once they have a large enough take, the three head outside to a traffic warden hounding Franklin. Michael interjects, throws the warden to the ground and says "You forget a thousand things every day, pal, make sure this is one of 'em". Michael leaves the store on foot, switching the play over to Franklin, who is now escaping with the take on motorbikes with the gunman and the driver.
The trio makes their way around the streets of Los Santos, with a four-star heat on their backs. They make their way through an underground tunnel that leads to the Los Santos sewer network. If a low-skilled gunman was chosen, he'll crash before the tunnel, losing the part of the take he was carrying.
They make their way out of the sewers, out onto the Los Santos river but the police have worked out their plan and are awaiting them. Play switches to Michael, who uses a van to crash into the pursuing cop cars through the river.
Once at the end of the river, the heat has died down and everyone comes to a halt. The bikes are loaded back onto the van and they all drive in the van back to the lockup. Once at the lockup, Lester tells the crew they'll get their cut once the jewels are sold. The group splits up to avoid any extra heat.
After the mission has been completed, the play switches to Franklin who's in the Vanilla Unicorn, on the phone to Tanisha. She's telling Franklin that she doesn't care about his new wealth and that it's never been what she was looking for. She notices the music in the background and gets angry with Franklin, saying he's still immature. The call ends with Franklin stating he's going to change.
The Jewel Store Job: Best Approach & Maximum Revenue:
- Maximum gross take: $4,946,153
- Martin Madrazo's payoff: -$2,500,000
- Maximum net take: $2,446,153
- Lester's cut (14%): -$342,462
- Crew cut (24%): -$587,077
- Franklin's cut (12%): $293,593
- Michael's cut (50%): $1,223,073
The Jewel Store Job (Smart Approach): Mission Objectives
- Get in the car.
- Go to the jewelry store.
- Go to the roof.
- Throw the BZ gas into the air vent.
- Steal the jewelry.
- Follow your crew into the sewers.
- Take out the police cars and protect your crew.
- Rendezvous with your crew.
- Go to the lockup.
The Jewel Store Job (Smart Approach): Mission Info
- Heist Setups
- Rewards Maximum gross take: $4,946,153; Diamond Hard achievement/trophy; Lester as a contact for Franklin
- Unlocked Items Carbine Rifle Special Carbine Tear Gas
- Featuring Bugstars Burrito Benson Bati 801RR Sanchez (Livery) Primo Assault Rifle Micro SMG Tear Gas Christian Feltz Eddie Toh Gustavo Mota Karim Denz Norm Richards Paige Harris Patrick McReary Rickie Lukens Los Santos Police Department (LSPD)
- Notes This is a branching mission that is played when choosing The Jewel Store Job (Smart Approach).
The Jewel Store Job (Smart Approach): Videos
PS3 / Xbox 360: Gold Medal Video Walkthrough
PS4 / Xbox One (First Person): Gold Medal Video Walkthrough
The Jewel Store Job (Smart Approach): Screenshots