Help your friends in expanding their Drug Empire.
This is an optional endeavor, but it is required for 100% completion of the game. It's not time-sensitive, meaning it can be played at any point, even after the main storyline is completed.
Drug Wars - Mission Details:
Drug Wars are introduced to the player after completing the mission Corner Kids, and the missions are accessible in locations marked with pill icons on the map. As the player completes missions, they become progressively more difficult, but also reward more money.
Although special rewards are given up to the 50th mission, Drug Wars are infinite, the player being able to replay them indefinitely and earn extra cash as much as they like.
Drug Wars: Rewards
Every drug war completed awards the player an amount of cash. Additionally, there are special rewards for every 10th mission completed and for the 25th mission completed, as such:
- 10 Wars: Pistol .44 at the player's safehouse (after Boulevard Baby)
- 20 Wars: Advanced Machine Gun (M249) at the player's safehouse (after Going Deep)
- 25 Wars:
Snow Queenachievement and completion percentage
- 30 Wars: Automatic Shotgun at the player's safehouse (after High Dive)
- 40 Wars: Sticky Bombs at the player's safehouse (after Bang Bang)
- 50 Wars: Gold SMG at the player's safehouse (after Departure Time)
Drug Wars: War Types
There are 4 different mission categories that can be started (randomly) in Drug Wars. Each of them presents different requirements for the player.
The player is required to steal a stationary drug-loaded vehicle, located within a gang's drug compound. Usually, the player needs to eliminate the gang to safely be able to steal the vehicle. After picking up the vehicle, the player will be chased to the drop-off point by the rival gang.
The player needs to steal a moving drug vehicle, usually part of a convoy. Once the player attacks any of the convoy's vehicles, the target will speed up and attempt to escape - shoot the drivers to safely steal the target car or boat. After picking up the vehicle, the player will be chased to the drop-off point by the rival gang.
The player is required to crash a drug deal between two rival gangs. Members of the gangs need to be killed one by one to find the one carrying the drugs (and optionally the one carrying the duffel bag containing money for the deal). The enemy holding the drugs may attempt to escape, and the mission will fail if they succeed. After picking up the drugs, the player will be chased to the drop-off point by the rival gang.
The player is required to steal a stationary drug stash that is found within the rival gang's perimeter. After picking up the drugs, the player will be chased to the drop-off point by the rival gang.
Drug Wars: Locations
In Drug Wars, there are several start and drop-off locations for every borough of Liberty City, as such:
- East Island City, west of the LC24 Tower.
- Fortside, east and opposite of the police station.
- Northern Gardens, opposite the Bohan Medical Center.
For Dukes and Bohan, the drop-off location is in Cerveza Heights, Dukes.
- Northwood, opposite the Pay 'n' Spray.
- Middle Park West, in front of the Randolf Art Center
- Little Italy, south of Drusilla's
For Algonquin, the drop-off location is in Purgatory, over Union Drive West.
- Leftwood, near the Gozushi! restaurant.
- Berchem, south of Keneckie Avenue.
- Berchem, west of the Diner Bar Cocktails.
For Alderney, the drop-off location is in Korea Town, behind Mr. Fuk's Rice Box.
Additionally, for Convoy and Hijack missions that require stealing boats or helicopters, the drop-off location will be on a water platform in Northwood, Algonquin.
Drug Wars: Enemies
There are 5 different Gangs that Luis, Armando and Henrique will attempt to rob, namely:
Drug Wars: Mission Info
- Game Edition GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony