The Triads are a Gang featured in Grand Theft Auto III.
The Triads began their operations in Liberty City in July 1997, after the Hong Kong handover.
Although the gang appears to only be a street gang, they develop their organized crime operations, including extortion. A good example of this is the extortion of Mr. Wong's Laundrette or pushing drugs for the Colombian Cartel.
The Triads own the Turtle Head Fish Factory and the Raffles Fish Factory, and it is speculated that the Chinese have links with the Yakuza.
Triads: GTA III Info
- Group Type Gang
- Faction Type Asian Crime Syndicate
- Nationality China
- Location Chinatown and Callahan Point, Portland
- Occupation Drug Dealing; Protection; Extortion
- Also Known As Liberty City Triads
- Gang Colors Blue
- Front Companies Mr. Wong's Laundrette; Turtle Head Fishing Co.; Belly-Up Fish & Seafood Processing Plant
- Members Lee Chong
- Affiliation Yakuza
- Enemies Claude Diablos Leone Family (The Mafia)
- Vehicles Mr. Wongs Pony Triad Fish Van
- Weapons Baseball Bat Pistol Uzi
- Notes Their gang logo bears a great resemblance to the Mortal Kombat logo.