- Release Date July 20, 2021
- Game Edition GTA Online
- Platforms PCPlayStation 5Xbox Series X|SPlayStation 4Xbox One
The GTA Online Los Santos Tuners Update has been released on July 20, 2021, for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and via backward compatibility also on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.
It has a size of 3.6 GB. Although the update has been labeled 1.54 on the Rockstar Support page, it's actually numbered 1.57 in-game.
The Summer 2021 DLC in GTA Online is focused on car culture, racing, and stolen vehicles, bringing high stakes and high action to the streets of Los Santos. It includes the LS Car Meet, new Races, a new Auto Shop property, new Cars, new Robberies, and much more.
Below you find everything that is included in the Los Santos Tuners Update, along with Content, Patch Notes, Screenshots, Trailers, and more:
Los Santos Tuners: The LS Car Meet
A new underground car meet area called the "Los Santos Car Meet" has been added to GTA Online:
- The LS Car Meet is a large, shared social space where you can show off your customized vehicles and race with other car enthusiasts.
- It's located inside a graffitied warehouse in Cypress Flats: it can be noticed by the sound of revving engines, and a finish line on the road outside.
- The LS Car Meet has a "good vibes only" policy, so there won't be any disturbance by the police, and weapons (or weaponized vehicles) are not allowed.
The LS Car Meet Membership:
Becoming an LS Car Meet Member at a cost of GTA $50,000 gives you access even more privileges and features:
- A new Reputation progression system, with new benefits unlocking after each Level. You can earn Reputation in the LS Car Meet by:
- Participating in (and winning) races
- Daily login bonuses
- Spending time on the Test Track
- Also just hanging out at the Car Meet
- Access to the Test Track, a large space inside the Car Meet warehouse. Here you and your friends can drive, drift, and race vehicles freely.
- In the Test Track you can also try new Test Rides - a rotating selection of vehicles.
- Compete in rotating Prize Ride Challenges for the opportunity to win a special Prize Ride
- Access to a range of special shops and features, including the Merch Shop, Tattoo Shop, and the Modding Area, where you can show off your customizations to other players in real-time.
- Earning Reputation unlocks several other Rewards, including:
- New car customization options, like new wheels and liveries
- Trade Prices on certain vehicles
- Access to new Race modes
- Access to exclusive clothing items and fashionable gear
- When you reach Reputation Level 20, you unlock the ability to create a Private Takeover: this allows you to host your own private Car Meet without NPC vehicles, with 76 parking spaces, and customizable lighting and banner colors. It requires a ticket that costs $50,000.
Los Santos Tuners: New "Auto Shop" Property
A new Auto Shop property has been added with the Los Santos Tuners Update, with a selection from 5 different Auto Shop locations. It allows players to run a legitimate modification business, while planning robberies with Sessanta and KDJ.
Auto Shops can be customized with choices of Style, Tint, Crew Emblem & Name, and can be upgraded with Staff, Personal Quarters, and an extra Car Lift. They also come with a 10-car Garage storage space.
The Auto Shop provides access to:
- A series of new multi-part robbery missions available from the Job Board. See below for more details.
- The Repair and Mod Business:
- Players will occasionally be tasked with repairing and modifying customer cars to their requested specifications. Players can then choose to deliver the modified car back to the customer themselves or send hired staff to do the delivery for them to earn rewards.
- Exotic Exports:
- After completing a Contract, players can find a list of Exotic Exports vehicles on a chalkboard on the upper floor of the Auto Shop. Players must steal the cars listed on the board in Free Mode and deliver them to Sessanta’s partner to earn rewards.
Los Santos Tuners: New Vehicles & Cars
The Los Santos Tuners update adds a range of vehicles to GTA Online, including tuner cars and muscle cars.
There have been 17 new vehicles in total released over the course of the summer, with 10 cars added at launch on July 20:
Los Santos Tuners: New Races
The GTA Online Los Santos Tuners DLC also introduces new Race Types, each with their own Leaderboards, available to members of the Los Santos Car Meet:
Test Track Races (inside LS Car Meet):
On the Test Track inside the Los Santos Car Meet, you can take part in these new competitions:
- Head-to-Head Race: Challenge another player to a race back and forth across the LS Car Meet Test Track space (2 players)
- Scramble Race: A race around the LS Car Meet Test Track space where players compete to be the first to collect 20 checkpoints (2-4 players)
- Time Trials: Set your best time around the LS Car Meet Test Track. You can enter a Private Test Track solo, or share the track with up to 30 players, but contact is disabled while competing.
Other New Race Types:
Outside the Los Santos Car Meet and throughout the city, there are also new race series:
- Street Race Series: Races of 7-laps in creative tracks built on the streets of Los Santos, with risky and rewarding shortcuts (2-8 players)
- Pursuit Series: an open-ended experience, with checkpoints placed sparsely throughout the map to encourage creative routes. In addition to competing against other racers, you also have the LSPD on your pursuit (4-16 players)
- Sprint Race: Race to a checkpoint and back to the LS Car Meet in Free Mode (2-4 players)
According to leaked information, Go-Kart Races might also be added in the upcoming weeks.
Los Santos Tuners "Contracts": New Robbery Missions
New robbery missions, called "Contracts" have been added with the Los Santos Tuners update, available from your Auto Shop Job Board.
Contracts bring access to the big jobs: take on the IAA, Merryweather, and more, each consisting of planning missions and final jobs, and all are playable solo or in a team of up to 4 players.
Six Contracts are available at launch, with two more added in the subsequent weeks:
- The Superdollar Deal
- The Bank Contract
- The ECU Job
- The Prison Contract
- The Agency Deal
- The Data Contract
- The Lost Contract (added August 12, 2021)
- Union Depository Contract (added September 2, 2021)
These new Robberies will put your driving skills to the test, and a precisely modified getaway vehicle will be your best weapon.
New Characters in GTA Online
New Characters introduced to GTA Online as part of the Los Santos Tuners Update:
GTA Online Title Update 1.54 / 1.57: More Patch Notes
- New ‘Low Grip Tires’ have been added to GTA Online, which allow for drifting. They can be applied at the LS Car Meet Mod Shop, but only to the new vehicles added with the Los Santos Tuners update.
- New Vehicle Options have been added to the Interaction Menu:
- Vehicle Stance: this allows players to change the height of their personal vehicles added with the Los Santos Tuners update.
- Hydraulics: this allows players to adjust the hydraulics of their personal vehicle.
- Vehicle Roof: this allows players to put their personal vehicle roof up or down if it is a convertible.
- A new ‘Favorite Radio Stations’ option has been added to the Interaction Menu in GTA Online, under Inventory. This allows you to edit the Radio Wheel to only display your Favorite Stations.
- Media Stick Collectibles have been added to GTA Online. These Media Stick Collectibles can be found around Los Santos and unlock up to six new music mixes that can be played on a new Media Player on the Radio Wheel.
- The Monday Dreamin' compilation from CircoLoco Records has been added, with a special DJ mix version of all 20 tracks from the album, compiled and remixed by Seth Troxler.
- A new Daily Collectible, Shipwrecks, has been added to GTA Online. This can be tracked in the ‘Daily Collectible’ section in the Interaction Menu.
- Several new Daily Objectives have been added to GTA Online.
- Several new Awards have been added to GTA Online.
- 30 new Track Wheels have been added to GTA Online. 10 of which can be unlocked through LS Car Meet Reputation, and all can be applied at the LS Car Meet Mod Shop.
- Over 200 items of clothing have been added for both Male and Female characters in GTA Online. The majority of this clothing can be unlocked through LS Car Meet Reputation.
- One new Afro hairstyle has been added for Male and Female characters in GTA Online.
- 10 new Vehicle Liveries have been added for the Bravado Banshee in GTA Online.
- 10 new Vehicle Liveries have been added for the Karin Kuruma in GTA Online.
As part of the Los Santos Tuners Update, there have also been a number of general improvements and fixes made to the game.
Click here to read the Full List of Bug Fixes on the Rockstar Support site.
Plus, the usual weekly special events and bonuses will take place over the coming months.
GTA Online: Benefits for PS5 & Xbox Series X|S
As an added bonus, the Los Santos Tuners Update will include special benefits for GTA Online players that purchase the GTA V & GTA Online Expanded and Enhanced versions for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, when they release.
Select vehicles will be upgradable with all new speed improvements and more.
GTA Online: Surprises Related to GTA III
Plus, in honor of the upcoming 20th anniversary of Grand Theft Auto III, Rockstar has announced that GTA Online will receive some fun surprises related to the genre-defining GTA 3 itself.
It remains to be seen what these GTA III surprises are about.
Los Santos Tuners: Update Number Confusion
Currently the version history of GTA V / GTA Online is all over the place. The Los Santos Tuners Title Update is numbered in different ways in different places:
- It's numbered 1.57 in-game as reported by the "GTA Online version"
- It's incorrectly labeled as Title Update 1.54 on the Rockstar Support page (as 1.54 actually was a patch that came out last March)
- It's marked as "version 1.38" Title Update on PS4 (as PS4 follows a different version history)
GTA Online: Los Santos Tuners Screenshots
GTA Online: Los Santos Tuners Artworks