- Release Date November 27, 2018
- Title Update 1.03 Red Dead Online Launch
- Associated Role
Red Dead Online Camp Guide:
The Camp is the first and most basic living place in Red Dead Online. As a solo traveler, you can set up your Player Camp to give yourself somewhere to rest in Free Roam. Or you can head to your Posse Camp to share a communal space with other members.
You can use the Camp to cook, craft weapons and tonics by the fire, rest up, access your wardrobe and change your clothing, collect purchased items from a lockbox, and even Fast Travel (if you have upgraded).
After the 1.11 Frontier Pursuits Update, the Camp can also be turned into a business as part of the Trader Role, by sourcing materials for Cripps to produce into sellable goods via the Butcher's Table.
The Red Dead Online Camp can be found and set up in the Item Wheel under "Kit", or via the Player menu under "Camp & Properties". The 1.15 Moonshiners Update also added the ability to spawn directly at your Camp from the Red Dead Online Landing Page.
You can upgrade the Camp or select its theme via the Wilderness Outfitters store. The Camp provides safety from other players if your White Flag is raised.
Red Dead Online Camp Size & Cost:
A small fee must be paid to set up the Camp, to move it afterwards or to increase its size. You can choose between two Camp sizes:
- A Small Camp can hold between 1-4 Posse Members. A Daily fee of $1.00 is charged for Camp maintenance.
- A Large Camp can hold between 1-7 Posse Members. A Daily fee of $2.00 is charged for Camp maintenance. Only Persisent Posses can use Large Camps.
All Posses require a Camp as a base. Before creating a Posse, you must choose the Camp size - which will affect how large your Posse can be.
Red Dead Online Camp Locations:
There are 13 possible Camp Locations in which you can set up your camp. You can move your camp between these locations at any time:
- Bayou Nwa (Lemoyne)
- Big Valley (West Elizabeth)
- Cholla Springs (New Austin)
- Cumberland Forest (New Hanover)
- Gaptooh Ridge (New Austin)
- Great Plains (West Elizabeth)
- Grizzlies (Ambarino)
- The Heartlands (New Hanover)
- Hennigan's Stead (New Austin)
- Rio Bravo (New Austin)
- Roanoke Ridge (New Hanover)
- Scarlett Meadows (Lemoyne)
- Tall Trees (West Elizabeth)
However, be aware that JB Cripps might also move the location of your camp. Your Camp will be blipped on the radar for yourself and your Posse to see.
How To Change The Location of the Camp
You can move the location of your Camp in Red Dead Online at any time.
If you want to change the location of your Camp in Red Dead Online, you can move by using the "Camp & Properties" options in the Player Menu for a small fee.
Red Dead Online Camp Upgrades & Customization:
As a solo traveler or as a Posse Leader, you can customize and upgrade your Camp by talking to former outlaw and helper JB Cripps. This will open the Wilderness Outfitters menu.
Here you'll be able to select a Theme. Is your Posse a Military troop? Or perhaps they have more in common with wandering Hobos. They might be intrepid Survivors, or maybe they are a Cultured gang and sophistication is more their style.
You can also customize your Tent, Flag Color, Equipment, JB Cripps' outfit, as well as add a Fast Travel Post to your Camp when you reach Rank 65.
Red Dead Online Camp Theme
Change the appearance of your tent and props around Camp. You can choose between the following Camp Themes:
- Standard Theme
- The Hobo Life ($150)
- Survivor Theme ($350, Free with RDR2 Ultimate Edition)
- Military Surplus ($625, unlocks at Rank 24)
- Traveling Opulence ($800, unlocks at Rank 38)
- Bounty Hunter Theme ($700 + Requires Bounty Hunter Role Rank 5)
- Collector Theme ($700 + Requires Collector Role Rank 5)
- Trader Theme ($700 + Requires Trader Role Rank 5)
Red Dead Online Camp Tent
Upgraded personal tents will increase the rate at which your cores refill when resting in Camp.
You can choose between the following Camp Tents:
- Refills your Cores to 15% when entering Free Roam. Your Cores refill 25% faster when entering a camp.
- Lean-To ($90)
- Refills your Cores to 25% when entering Free Roam. Your Cores refill 50% faster when entering a camp.
- A-Frame ($175 - unlocks at Rank 22)
- Refills your Cores to 35% when entering Free Roam. Your Cores refill 75% faster when entering a camp.
- Tall Lean-To ($300 - unlocks at Rank 36)
- Refills your Cores to 45% when entering Free Roam. Your Cores refill 100% faster when entering a camp.
- Open-Air Lean-To ($525 - unlocks at Rank 49)
- Refills your Cores to 55% when entering Free Roam. Your Cores refill 125% faster when entering a camp.
- Cover Lean-To ($650 - unlocks at Rank 55)
- Refills your Cores to 65% when entering Free Roam. Your Cores refill 150% faster when entering a camp.
- Covered ($700 - unlocks at Rank 64)
- Refills your Cores to 75% when entering Free Roam. Your Cores refill 175% faster when entering a camp.
Red Dead Online Camp Flag
You can choose between the following Flag Colors:
- Aqua ($50)
- Blue ($50)
- Green ($50)
- Orange ($50)
- Pink ($50)
- Purple ($50)
- Red (Free)
- Yellow ($50)
Additional "Graphic" options can be unlocked as a Reward with The Outlaw Pass, featuring special graphics:
- Ace of Spades
- Skull & Daggers
- Jolly Jacks
- Lally Cola
- Lucifer's Cradle
- Old Blood Eyes
- Prairie Moon
- The Duo
- Sunset Mare
- Clam Juice
When you're at your Camp, you can raise a White Flag to prevent being attacked by other players while you're there.
Red Dead Online Camp Equipment
This is the list of Camp Equipment Upgrades that you can add to your camp from Wilderness Outfitters:
- Fast Travel Post ($700, unlocks at Rank 65)
- Allows you to fast travel from Camp.
- Butcher Table (15 Gold Bars, Unlocks Trader Role)
- Enables production of goods for Cripps Trading Co.
- Stew Pot ($650)
- Unlocks stew recipes to boost cores.
- Medium Delivery Wagon ($500, Requires Trader Role Rank 5)
- Can haul 50 goods for delivery.
- Large Delivery Wagon ($750, Requires Trader Role Rank 10)
- Can haul 100 goods for delivery.
- Weapons Locker ($575, Requires Trader Role Rank 5)
- Store weapons here for later use.
- Deluxe Campfire ($500)
- Speed up campfire crafting time and provides additional seating.
Red Dead Online Camp Dogs
Buy or manage you Camp Dog. Your dog can warn you of thieves raiding your camp if you are pursuing the Trader Role.
- American Foxhound ($275)
- Ches. Bay Retriever ($330)
- Labrador ($400)
- Husky (Requires Outlaw Pass No. 2 or 4 - Rank 90)
- Australian Shepherd (Requires Outlaw Pass No. 3 - Rank 75)
Each dog breed can be purchased in different color variations, and you can also give your own custom name to the dog.
Red Dead Online JB Cripps' Outfit
This allows you to change the outfit for Cripps in case you desire. Here is the list of available JB Cripps' Outfits:
- Standard 1
- Standard 2 ($85)
- Standard 3 ($92.50)
- Standard 4 ($100)
- Standard 5 ($105, Unlocks at Rank 19)
- Traveling Opulence 1 ($190, Unlocks at Rank 38)
- Traveling Opulence 2 ($295, Unlocks at Rank 38)
- The Hobo Life 1 ($95)
- The Hobo Life 2 ($115)
- Military Surplus 1 ($165)
- Military Surplus 2 ($215)
- Survivor 1 ($130)
- Survivor 2 (10 Gold Bars)
- Bounty Hunter ($150 - Requires Bounty Hunter Role Rank 1)
- Collector ($150 - Requires Collector Role Rank 1)
- Trader ($150 - Requires Trader Role Rank 1)