- Release Date July 13, 2021
- Game Edition Red Dead Online
- Platforms PCPlayStation 4Xbox OneGoogle Stadia
The Red Dead Online Blood Money Update has been released on July 13, 2021, for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and via backward compatibility also on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.
It has a size of 5.6 GB. Although the update has been labeled 1.25 on the Rockstar Support page, it's actually numbered 1.27 in-game.
The Summer 2021 Update in Red Dead Online adds new missions, home robberies, and other criminal activities. The RDR2 Title Update 1.27 also brings some of the most requested features from the fans, along with new items, quality of life improvements, and more.
Below you find the full contents and Patch Notes included in the Red Dead Online Blood Money Update:
Red Dead Online Blood Money: New Missions & Robberies
Earn your Blood Money across a series of daring robberies: the Red Dead Online Blood Money Update in Summer 2021 adds an array of new missions to play across the world of Red Dead Online.
The missions are given in Saint Denis by Guido Martelli, Angelo Bronte’s trusted lieutenant, who is working to create his own criminal network.
Martelli and Bronte are seeking to recover valuable commodities known as "Capitale": these include Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, etc... if you can find and return them, Martelli will reward you with access to more worthwhile criminal opportunities.
There is no upfront cost required to start the "Blood Money" activities, entry in Martelli's crime world only needs a trusty sidearm and the willingness to use it.
Red Dead Online Blood Money: Crimes
Crimes are new missions in Free Roam. Guido Martelli has entrusted some new contacts that have leads about where to find Capitale. Visit Anthony Foreman, James Langton, Sean MacGuire or Joe in Free Roam to play Crimes.
Crimes range from coach holdups to multi-stage robberies, including kidnapping, brutal debt collections, and three multi-part Crime Contracts:
- The Railroad Contract
- The Jeb Phelps Contract
- The Bluewater Contract
You can embark on Crimes either as a lone gun or with a full Posse alongside you. Capitale can be found in hidden chests or on the bodies of those who've crossed your path.
The new Red Dead Online Blood Money Update also adds the ability to rob Camps and Homesteads in Free Roam, across the five states of the Red Dead world - which will be full of additional Capitale stash.
Red Dead Online Blood Money: Opportunities
Accumulating enough Capitale for Guido Martelli will reveal Opportunities. These are dispatched by Martelli to stifle a rising Lemoyne senator who is disrupting Bronte operations - and you will need to deliver each of the three "Jewels of the West" to Martelli.
Each Opportunity can be tackled with different approaches: listen to nearby conversations or look out for important targets to uncover new paths to completion. The first of three Opportunities is available on July 13, while two more will be unveiled in the next weeks.
Red Dead Online: The Quick Draw Club
Differently from previous Outlaw Passes, the Red Dead Online Blood Money update comes with "The Quick Draw Club".
The Quick Draw Club is a series of four distinct rapid-fire passes with 25 Ranks each, arriving one after the other during the coming months:
- The Quick Draw Club No. 1: July 13 to August 9
- The Quick Draw Club No. 2: August 10 to September 6
- The Quick Draw Club No. 3: September 7 to October 4
- The Quick Draw Club No. 4: October 5 to October 27
Each membership costs 25 Gold Bars, and entitles you to various rewards, items and clothing, including Dutch’s outfit, The Redcliff. All Rewards earned during this period will persist after the membership ends, and you will also earn all 25 Gold Bars back by completing the 25 ranks of a Pass.
As an added bonus, players who purchase all four passes will receive the upcoming Halloween Pass 2 for free, and other additional perks.
New free rewards for the Wheeler Rawson and Co. Club have also been added to Red Dead Online through 25 ranks.
More New Content in Red Dead Online
- Nominated Series now allows players to ‘Nominate’ specific modes and maps, and join a Series made up of ones nominated by other players in that Series
- Improvements have been made to the Free Roam Mission Giver menu
- Several new Awards have been added to Red Dead Online along with several existing Awards receiving updates.
- Several new Daily Challenges have been added to Red Dead Online along with several existing Daily Challenges receiving updates.
- Several new Clothing items have been added for male and female characters to Red Dead Online:
- The Haraway Outfit
- The Rebellion Poncho
- The Torras Poncho (new tint)
- The Pacific Union Cap (unlocked after completing the Covington Emerald Opportunity on the Ruthless difficulty)
- The Hired Gun Kit (available from the Fence)
- Two new Emotes have been added to Red Dead Online and can be unlocked through the Quick Draw Club No. 1:
- Asking for Trouble
- Cock a Snook
- A new variant of the Cattleman Revolver has been added and can be unlocked through the Quick Draw Club No. 1.
- New Gun Wraps have been added and can be unlocked through the Quick Draw Club No. 1.
- A new Camp Flag, Photo Studio Backdrop, and Photo Studio Pose have been and can be unlocked through the Quick Draw Club No. 1.
- Two new Horse Manes have been added and can be unlocked through Season Rewards & the Quick Draw Club No. 1.
Red Dead Online: Returning Items
In response to fans' feedback, the Skill and Satchel Pamphlets previously released via the Outlaw Pass, such as the ability to Fast Travel from a Wilderness Camp, have been placed on general sale at the Fence. These include:
- Cook Multiple Meats
- Fast Travel from Wilderness Camp
- Ammo Capacity: Shotgun
- Ammo Capacity: Rifles
- Ammo Capacity: Pistol
- Ammo Capacity: Varmint Rifle
- Ammo Capacity: Repeater
- Ammo Capacity: Revolver
- Ammo Capacity: Bow
Plus, over the coming weeks and months, some of the most stylish and requested clothing items from Outlaw Passes No. 2 and No. 3 will return for players who were unable to obtain them, including outfits worn by Van der Linde Gang members John Marston, Arthur Morgan, Bill Williamson, and Javier Escuella.
NVIDIA DLSS in Red Dead Redemption 2 & Red Dead Online
As part of the 1.27 Update on July 13, 2021 - Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online on PC now offer NVIDIA DLSS support to all Windows users with eligible NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics cards.
The newly supported feature boosts frame rates and generates beautiful sharp images.
Red Dead Online Survival Mode: Call To Arms
On August 10, 2021, a new Survival Mode has been added to Red Dead Online, called "Call To Arms".
In Call to Arms, you and your friends have to protect various locations from up to 10 waves of enemies. This mode is playable around various locations, such as Blackwater, Fort Mercer, Valentine, Strawberry, and MacFarlane’s Ranch.
First, check your Camp Lockbox for a new Telegram from "J." Call to Arms will then become available to launch at any time by selecting the requisite Telegram in your Satchel.
Red Dead Online Title Update 1.27 Full Patch Notes
As part of the Red Dead Online Update 1.25 / 1.27, there have also been a number of general improvements and fixes made to the game. Click here to read the Full List of Bug Fixes on the Rockstar Support site.
Plus, the usual weekly special events and bonuses will take place over the coming months.