- Game Edition GTA OnlineGTA V Story Mode
- Release Date July 1, 2014
- Platforms PlayStation 3Xbox 360
Two new vehicles with permanent American Flag livery have been added.
- Vapid "The Liberator" - An off-road truck, available from the Warstock site. This vehicle is not moddable and is accessed via Pegasus.
- Western Sovereign - This motorcycle is available from San Andreas Super Autos.
Seven new medium and low end Countryside Apartments have been added to the Dynasty 8 website.
Three New Contact Missions are available from the Start Menu (once you meet the rank requirement you'll receive a phone call from the associated Contact:
Hard Labor (Contact: Gerald, Rank 19, 1-4 Players)
"I’ve got some competition based at a construction site in La Puerta. If the head of the crew had an accident, maybe they won’t be so competitive, you get me? Go to the site, clap the dude, I’ll make it worth your while."
Time to Get Away (Contact: Madrazo, Rank 20, 1-2 Players)
"The cops have my cousin, El Estupido, surrounded. He’s under siege at a farm in Paleto Bay. Two of you get him, and escort him to his chopper at McKenzie Airfield in Grapessed. You’ll be rewarded."
Pickup Sticks (Contact: Madrazo, Rank 21, 1-4 Players)
“I’ve got my hands on one of my rivals’ delivery lists. You’re going to be provided with a helicopter, and you’re going to collect all their product after they drop it off, then I can sell it instead. Bring me the packages, I’ll cut you in.”
There are also 14 new Jobs across various game modes:
Across the Wilderness (Rank 1, 1-8 Players)
Discover the great outdoors like your pioneer ancestors did before you, even if that means killing whoever gets in your way. An off-road point to point Race through the Paleto forest with a large jump.
Americana (Rank 20, 1-8 Players)
You’ve been illegally downloading albums for years, so why not finish off the music industry for good. Skip the ticket line, and parachute into the Vinewood Bowl from 6,000 ft.
Contend: Pyrotechnics (Rank 1, 4-16 Players)
Fight for what really matters at the Vinewood Bowl. The team waving the most flags for freedom at the end gets the award for patriotism. The other teams get deported to the land of bad teeth and worse food.
Falling Fast (Rank 11, 1-8 Players)
Parachute from 4,210 ft. and try to land on the roof of the Burger Shot in Vespucci for 4th of July burgers.
Grand Senora Desert LTS (Rank 19, 2-16 Players)
USA! USA! USA! Only one side can win this desert Last Team Standing, but if you back America you’re sure to pick the winner. Head for the rocks if you want to put on a good fireworks display, and try not to get caught out in the unforgiving open.
GTA: Land of the Free (Rank 1, 4-16 Players)
Every 4th of July party needs red meat, beer, heart disease, and a monster truck. Only there’s just one monster truck, and you’re not going to share it (you’re not French). Four teams with off-road vehicles fight to get the truck, and make their BBQ one to remember.
Guns and Gasoline (Rank 11, 1-8 Players)
Parachute jump for beginners. Starts at 4130 ft., takes in views of the Land Act Dam, and lands between a gun shop and gas station. Kind of perfect.
Mud, Sweat and Gears (Rank 8, 1-8 Players)
Fill your cooler with some Logger Lites, grab your hunting rifle, and throw them in the back of your monster truck. It’s time to go back to nature and remember what this nation is all about. Point to point race on dirt roads crossing creeks and going over Mount Josiah.
Panic Attack (Rank 1, 2-16 Players)
Hot dogs! Get your hotdogs! And by hotdogs we mean bullets to the face. This will be a tailgate party to remember in the Maze Bank Arena parking lot. Explosive Team Deathmatch for up to 16 players.
Raid: Bunker Thrill (Rank 1, 2-16 Players)
It’s a holiday, it’s hot outside, you’re drunk, of course your not-so-historical re-enactment of the Battle of Bunker Hill is going to go “method” and turn into a real battle with real dead bodies. A team with a monster truck try to hold the hill, while another team with a Mesa try to raid the camp.
Road Tripping (Rank 1, 2-12 Players)
Road trips aren’t just three gallon energy drinks, sex with truck drivers, and voiding your bowels on the side of the highway. They’re a great American tradition. Celebrate it with this death match along Route 68 - frantic team skirmish among motor hotels of Southern San An for up to 12 players.
Swamp Monster (Rank 15, 1-8 Players)
America isn’t just a place, it’s an idea. Show nature who’s boss by crushing it under your sixty inch tires, and spewing exhaust in its face. Lap Race for monster trucks in area of natural beauty, but not for much longer, Lago Zancudo.
Tour the Lake (Rank 8, 1-8 Players)
From sea to shining sea - appreciate the scuzzy, meth ravaged, recession-beaten beauty of this great nation with a point to point for Sovereign bikes. Starts at the Alamo Sea and ends at the Alamo Sea.
We Have Lift-off (Rank 8, 1-8 Players)
The cops watch the roads for drunk drivers every holiday, so keep to the hills with this lap Race on the desert slopes outside Sandy Shores. Use monster trucks for the terrain and for crushing cop cars if they do find you.
Other Title Update Notes
Independence Day Special Time-limited content:
- Over 40 new Independence holiday-themed clothing items, including outfits, have been added to clothes stores for both male and female characters in GTA Online.
- Four types of Fireworks can now be purchased from Ammu-Nation. They each come in 3 colors, red, white and blue.
- A new Parachute Smoke color has been added to Ammu-Nation. The color automatically alternates between, red, white and blue: Patriot Parachute Smoke.
- A new tire smoke color has been added to the Mod Shops. This also alternates between, red, white and blue: Patriot Tire Smoke.
- 12 new animal masks have been added to Vespucci Movie Masks. There are 6 styles, each with 2 color variations.
- Four new horns have been added to the Mod Shop. Each horn is part of the Star Spangled Banner song.
- A new Mullet hairstyle has been added for both male and female characters.
- Stars n Stripes Face Paint added to Barber Shop and Salon.
New Features & Updates:
- The ability to place and set off fireworks has been added to the Interaction Menu. Players can purchase 4 different types from Ammu-Nation and then access them in their inventory. The fireworks are available for a limited time to celebrate the holiday period.
- Players are now able to ride on the 'The Leviathan' rollercoaster and 'The Ferris Whale' on Del Perro Pier.
- On Call mode has been added to the 'Quick Job' option in the phone. Players are now able to continue playing in Freemode whilst they are queued up for a Quick Join invite.
- If a player buys a tattoo and then removes it they will only be charged $100 to re-apply instead of the full tattoo cost.
- Players will now receive an increased cash bonus for completing a Survival, bringing up the total amount that can be earned.
- A player's Mental State will no longer increase when killing hostile mercenaries. Also, the increase rate for killing Cops who are chasing the player as a result of being wanted has been reduced.
- Mental state will no longer increase for killing players who have a Bounty on their head or for a player defending themselves when they have a Bounty on them.
- Added the 'Forced Weapon' option to coronas for Versus and Last Team Standing Missions
- Players on LTS are now only able to hear their teammates, bringing them into line with VS and Capture Missions.
- Job entrance fees are now payable when starting a Versus Mission, in order to bring it into line with LTS and Capture Missions.
- The Head to Head and Challenge wager is now taken from the player's wallet and bank.
- The time limit on the Team Selection screen has been increased to 1 minute.
Full Title Update Notes - Click to Expand
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player's car to disappear if they left it at the start of a GTA Race.
- Fixed an issue where the Armored Truck would occasionally not drop any Cash.
- Fixed an issue where Crew tire smoke would not apply correctly.
- Help text is now displayed in the corona if a player attempts to play an animation which cannot be played due to masks / head gear the player is wearing.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck entering their garage if they had requested a vehicle from their Mechanic while another player was in their garage.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for player characters to spawn in Fort Zancudo.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for planes to respawn with their landing gear down in vehicle Deathmatches.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn with a 4-star Wanted Level if they were killed by Cops in the Impound.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to become stuck moving to the Leaderboard after completing an Air Race.
- Fixed an issue where split times would occasionally work incorrectly during the tutorial Race.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect scores could show briefly at the start of a Team Deathmatch.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn inside of, and stand in, vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where a player could receive a misleading Alert screen when attempting to access GTA Online when the Cloud was down.
- Fixed an issue where players attempting to join a Contact Mission would become stuck when too many players were invited.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to fall through the world if they entered the PlayStation store whilst in their apartment.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to become stuck in their apartments if a friend buzzed for entry and then entered the Pause menu.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck under the map when accepting a cross-session invite.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to steal High Priority Vehicles from one another after upgrading it.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to enter their garages with NPCs in their vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to send text messages with Chinese characters using their cellphones.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to trap other players in their Personal Vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where the radar could flash up on screen at the start of a Job.
- Fixed an issue where the Rank bar could occasionally show up very briefly during transitions.
- Fixed an exploit where players could spawn UFOs in public sessions.
- Fixed various exploits where players were able to duplicate vehicles.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to respawn in their garages after committing suicide.
- Fixed an exploit where players could get all Barber services for free.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to go off-radar.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to become invincible.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to drive inside their garages.
GTA V: Independence Day Special - Title Update 1.15 Patch Notes Screenshots