In Power Play, today's new update to Grand Theft Auto Online on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, power-ups change the rules of urban warfare - giving players the chance to boost themselves and their allies with special abilities, or even screw with their opponents in pursuit of ultimate victory.
The effects of these six power-ups are temporary and will need to be timed wisely. Power-ups include:
- Beasted: Transform into the Beast and use special powers like invisibility, super jump, and super strength.
- Zoned: Slow down time for all players, giving snipers a tactical advantage over exposed enemies.
- Doped: Dull your enemy's senses with a trippy green haze; they’ll never see that flank coming...
- Raging: Unleash a rampage with your entire team by inflicting increased damage while taking reduced damage.
- Flipped: Scramble your opponents by picking up Flipped, temporarily inverting all enemy camera controls and mixing team chat to truly get in their heads.
- Dark: Take your team off the grid for well-timed sneak attacks.
Each player can use one power up at a time, but layers of strategy exist through stacking power-ups with other teammates, or triggering power-ups to counteract enemy team advantages. Play this new Adversary Mode now via the Jobs menu, or grab your best gunmen and battlefield tacticians to maximize 2X GTA$ and RP in the Power Play Playlist all week long.