The Sniper Rifle is a weapon in the Sniper Rifles class featured in Grand Theft Auto V and GTA Online.
The design of the Sniper Rifle is based on a real life Arctic Warfare L96A1. The in-game version of the weapon is manufactured by Shrewsbury.
This weapon can be customized with various attachments and tints, which you can see below.
How to get the Sniper Rifle in GTA 5 Story Mode:
In GTA V, the Sniper Rifle can be simply found and picked up around the map (see the spawn locations in the "Appearances" section below), or it can be purchased for a price of $5,000.
It becomes available after completing the mission Nervous Ron in Story Mode.
How to get the Sniper Rifle in GTA Online:
In GTA Online, the Sniper Rifle can be simply found and picked up around the map (see the spawn locations in the "Appearances" section below), or it can be purchased for a price of $20,000.
It's unlocked for purchase after reaching Rank 21 in GTA Online.
Sniper Rifle Description:
Standard sniper rifle. Ideal for situations that require accuracy at long range. Limitations include slow reload speed and very low rate of fire.
Sniper Rifle: GTA V Statistics
- Overall 59.20
- Unlock Rank 21
- Ammo Capacity 10
Sniper Rifle: GTA V Info
Sniper Rifle: GTA V Weapon Customization
|Rounds & magazine||GTA V||GTA Online (Unlock)|
|Rounds (20)||$48||$145 (Rank 21)|
|Scope (expands field of view)||Default||Default|
|Suppressor (silences but slightly reduces damage and range)||$2,300||$12,050 (Rank 22)|
|Advanced Scope (advanced-range zoom, improved accuracy)||$2,437||$12,500 (Rank 23)|
|Etched Wood Grip Finish||$32,500||$32,500|
|Army||$100||$5,000 (Kill 100 players)|
|Green (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$200||$5,250 (Kill 200 players)|
|Orange (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$400||$5,500 (Kill 400 players)|
|LSPD||$600||$5,750 (Kill 600 players)|
|Pink (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$800||$7,500 (Rank 50)|
|Gold (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$1,000||$10,000 (Rank 75)|
|Platinum (Collector's and Enhanced Edition)||$1,500||$12,500 (Rank 100)|
Sniper Rifle: GTA V Appearances
- Sniper Rifle Spawn Locations in Grand Theft Auto V
Where to find the Sniper Rifle in
GTA Online and GTA V Story Mode:
- Police Maverick
- Palmer-Taylor Power Station, top of smokestacks
- LSIA Airport Radar
- Paleto Bay, Water Tower
- Galileo Observatory, observatory viewpoint
- North Side of RON Alternates Wind Farm
- Alamo Sea Plane Wreck
- Police Maverick
- Valkyrie MOD.0
- Danger Ramp beside the Tram Station, Mount Chiliad
- Radar tower, Fort Zancudo
- Highest Rooftop, Backlot City (Movie Studio), Richards Majestic
- Walkway in front of the bridge, Ocean Motion, Terminal
- Walkway, north smokestack, Palmer-Taylor Power Plant
- Garage, top floor,The Jetty Hotel, Pacific Bluffs
- Globe, helipad, roof of the Daily Globe, Pillbox Hill
- Larger northern island, Paleto Bay
- Center Tower of 3 Union Towers North of McKenzie Field, Joad Lane, Grapeseed
- East Alamo View Platform, Raton Canyon
- Round Water Tower, El Burro Boulevard, El Burro Heights
- Radar tower, LSIA
- Last "O" on the Vinewood Sign, Vinewood Hills
- Back balcony of Cletus' house, Sandy Shores
- Abandoned House, un-named road, south of Route 68, Grand Senora Desert
- Roof of Doppler Cinema, Downtown Vinewood
- Hill behind Sisyphus Theater, Vinewood Hills
- Walkway, South Fracking Tower, Gas Company, Cyprus Flats
- SASPA Bolingbroke Guards
- Notable Owners: Armenian Mob The Families Korean Mob Madrazo Cartel Marabunta Grande Triads Vagos Merryweather Security Trevor Philips Industries Los Santos Police Department (LSPD) Los Santos County Sheriff (LSSD) Federal Investigation Bureau (FIB) International Affairs Agency (IAA)
- Appearances in Story Missions:
Sniper Rifle: GTA V Screenshots
Sniper Rifle Artworks