It's the 31° GTA V mission in chronological order, and it takes place in Los Santos.
Lester asks Franklin to take down Brett Lowrey, CEO of Bilkinton Research, who is staying at the Von Crastenburg Hotel.
Unlike the other Assassination Missions, this mission is mandatory for story progression, so it must be played at this specific point in the story.
Gold Medal Objectives (100%)
The following are the Mission Objectives required to obtain the Gold Medal in the mission "The Hotel Assassination":
- Time: Time taken to complete mission
- Sniper Boy: Kill the target using Sniper Rifle
- Money Earned: Money earned from the hit.
Note: You can complete each Gold Medal requirement in multiple playthroughs of the mission. You don't need to obtain them all in one single playthrough.
The Hotel Assassination - Mission Details:
Franklin meets Lester on a beach at Vespucci Beach. Lester knows Franklin needs money and has a few jobs lined up for him. Lester tasks Franklin with assassinating Brett Lowrey, CEO of Bilkinton Research. Brett has been making medicines that aren't compliant and paying the FDA to pass them.
Lester tells Franklin that Brett is currently staying at the Von Crastenburg Hotel and it's best to hit him while he's leaving. This can either be done in two ways, he can either be shot by a sniper rifle or plant a sticky bomb on his car and detonate it while he's in it.
Once at the hotel, Franklin hides out in a multi-story car park, across the way from the hotel's entrance. Once the task is done, Franklin flees the scene. He'll only generate a wanted level if he is seen.
Franklin calls Lester to let him know the job was successful. Lester tells Franklin that these jobs are getting a little successful and he needs to buy some tangible assets. Lester buys a house in Vinewood Hills and needs someone to live there for tax purposes. He chooses Franklin and has some guys start to move his stuff over. Franklin is overjoyed at the fact he doesn't have to live with his aunt anymore.
Important Stock Market Investments:
The Assassination Missions play a huge role in the GTA V Stock Market, with the targets' deaths affecting the stock value of specific companies. The player can make huge profits by purchasing and selling certain stocks at the right times. Here is the investment guide for The Hotel Assassination:
Before this mission:
- Invest all the money of all three protagonists in Betta Pharmaceuticals (BET) stocks on the Bawsaq site.
After this mission:
- Wait a few in-game days before selling the BET stocks so that they can reach their maximum value; the maximum percentage of return is ~80% (21% on Next Gen).
- Invest all the money of all three protagonists in Bilkington (BIL) stocks on the LCN site.
- Wait a few in-game days before selling the the Bilkington stocks so they can reach their maximum value; the maximum percentage of return is ~80%.
Note: To make the in-game time advance faster, you can sleep or simply enter the save menu from a character's bed without saving. Make sure to create a save slot before starting an assassination mission, so that if the peak return is missed you can reload the previous save.
The Hotel Assassination: Mission Objectives
- Go to the hotel.
- Assassinate the target.
- Leave the area.
The Hotel Assassination: Mission Info
- Rewards $9,000; Franklin gets 3671 Whispymound Drive as safehouse
- Unlocked Items 3671 Whispymound Drive (Franklin's House)
- Featuring FIB (Granger) 3671 Whispymound Drive (Franklin's House) Los Santos Police Department (LSPD)
- Notes Unlike the other Assassination Missions, this mission is Mandatory and time-sensitive, so it must be played at this specific point in the story.
The Hotel Assassination: Videos
PS3 / Xbox 360: Gold Medal Video Walkthrough
PS4 / Xbox One (First Person): Gold Medal Video Walkthrough
The Hotel Assassination: Screenshots