The Appaloosa is one of the Horse Breeds featured in Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online.
Appaloosa breed of horses are known for their good health, agility and speed which makes them a popular choice for hard labor tasks.
Appaloosas are classed as work horses. They can be identified by their compact frame and spotted or speckled coat. The Blanket, Few Spots (PC) and Leopard Blanket are found in the wild, while Leopard and Brown Leopard coats are purchasable in stables.
Their willing and manageable temperament leads to easy handling. This breed of horse is healthy, with a reasonable amount of Speed and great Stamina; perfect for ranch work.
Appaloosa Coat Styles:
- Overall 33.33
Where to find the Appaloosa Horse Breed in Red Dead Redemption 2 (Wild Horse Habitats Map Location):
- Horse Class Work Horse
- Handling Type Standard
- Animal Species Horse
- Animal Class Mammal
- Animal Family Equidae
- Size Large
- Peculiarity Domestic Animal
- Location New Austin (Cholla Springs); West Elizabeth (Big Valley); Ambarino (Grizzlies West, Donner Falls)
- Acquisition Can be stolen / foundVan Horn StableTumbleweed Stable
- Hunting Cannot be hunted
- Required for Achievement No
- Notes This is a Domestic Animal, killing it or harming it decreases Honor and attracts a Wanted Level.
- Scientific Name Equus Ferus Caballus
- Game Edition Red Dead OnlineRDR 2 Story Mode
- Notable Owners: Charles Smith